Astrophotography with the Laowa 7.5mm f2 lens

I went out last night to a field ten minutes walk from my house. I couldn't really bring myself to drive somewhere dark - it was late and I was tired. I thought I'd just accept the light pollution near my hometown and see what I got.

 

People have asked me on the web whether the Laowa 7.5mm lens is any good for astrophotography. I am no experienced purveyor of the night sky, but I'd say from my amateur efforts that the answer is a resounding 'yes'. These were all shot at f2.8 with varying ISOs and shutter speeds.

Need to get somewhere darker....

Comments

  1. Great content on this blog. If you ever pick up more gear (esp. vintage lenses), please write more reviews; they are a pleasure to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have dropped the ball a little lately, been some family stuff going on, but will get back on the horse soon enough.

      Delete

Post a Comment